WWE Hall of Famer, Jimmy “Superfly” Snuka has been charged with 3rd degree murder and involuntary manslaughter for the death of his girlfriend in a case dating back to 1983.

    Sunka, 72, surrendered to police and was sent to jail with bail set at $100,000. He has made arrangements to post bail but must give up his passport. The case into the death of his gilfriend Nancy Argentino was re-opened last year after a never-before-seen autopsy report was published in which it was revealed the case was labelled as a homicide.

    Argentino, was dating Snuka during the WWF Tapings at Allentown Fairgrounds, on May 10th 1983 and returned to his motel room to find Argentino “gasping for air and oozing yellow fluid from her mouth and nose”. Nancy was pronounced dead at Lehigh Valley Hospital, with the autopsy determining “traumatic brain injuries” with “a possible sign of ‘Mate-Abuse’ on her whole body”. The DA this afternoon stated “She had a skull fracture, 39 contusions and abrasions”

    In an unprecedented move, Lehigh County District Attorney, Jim Martin announced in January 2014 that a grand jury will investigate Argentino’s mysterious death, prompted in part by The Morning Call’s story. He said it was the oldest case he’s ever sent before the grand jury.

    Jimmy Snuka, in his autobiography in 2012 said the following in relation to Nancy and the circumstances;

    “Many terrible things have been written about me hurting Nancy and being responsible for her death, but they are not true,” he wrote. “This has been very hard on me and very hard on my family. To this day, I get nasty notes and threats. It hurts. I never hit Nancy or threatened her.”

    Snuka was the only suspect in the original investigation.

    WWE has issued the following statement:

    “WWE expresses its continued sympathy to the Argentino family for their loss. Ultimately this legal matter will be decided by our judicial system.”

    It was also announced recently that Snuka had suffered from stomach cancer. He underwent surgery to remove part of his stomach and lymph nodes. Doctors believe they removed all of the cancer from his stomach. He was released from the hospital July 31.

    Have you got a news story? From your local independent to the biggest promotions. Feel good stories and community work. If you have a story to share, fill out the form below and we will contact you.